Just Meditation exists to facilitate the learning and practise of mindfulness meditation through the provision of courses, workshops, information and training.
Introduction to Mindfulness and Meditation
Six Week Course
Where: The Newcastle Meditation Centre
When: Wednesday evenings, 6.30-8pm, 7 June–12 July 2017
This course is suitable both for complete beginners as well as those with more experience who might want to refresh their practice. Sessions will cover practical and theoretical aspects of mindfulness and meditation, with an emphasis on encouraging participants to develop their own regular practice. And, of course, there will be plenty of time spent actually doing it!
* Please note: payment must be made in advance (cash, cheque, BACS); refunds can only be given in the event of the cancellation of the course.
Saturday Afternoon Workshops
A series of themed monthly workshops, at the Meditation Centre, on a wide range of topics related to mindfulness and meditation. More details coming soon.
16 September Michael Atkinson ‘Stress’
14 October Robert Bluck ‘Varieties of Buddhist Meditation’
11 November Susan O’Donnell ‘Uncertainty and Meditation’
Time: 1.30-4.30pm, with refreshments from 1pm
Cost: £15 (£10 concessions)
Just Meditation Research Seminars
A bi-monthly inter-disciplinary research seminar series for all those with a professional interest in any aspect of mindfulness, meditation and related practices: Thursday evenings, 5.30-7pm
13 July, Minding Your Wonderment: Why wonder must be checked
Dr Jan Pedersen, Deaconess University College, Copenhagen
21 September, Cultivating Resilience through Mindfulness
Michael Atkinson, School of Medical Education, Newcastle University
16 November, Meditation and Recovery
Phil Watson, School of Health and Social Care, Teesside University
Weekly Drop-in Classes
Every Wednesday and Saturday at 11am
- suitable for all levels of experience, including those trying it for the first time.
- no fixed charge, but we do invite people to make a voluntary donation.
- our upstairs meditation room has ample space to seat 24 people comfortably.
- no need to book in advance – just turn up in good time!